PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : Zum 40. - Star Trek: Of Gods and Men

Legion(CD)
15.07.2006, 04:45
Ich glaube ich traue meinen Augen kaum:

----

Star Trek Actors to Film 40th Anniversary Gift to Trek Fans – Star Trek: Of Gods and Men
Principal Photography Begins Today in New York State

(Los Angeles, Calif. -- July 12, 2006) Star Trek, the acclaimed television series that spawned four additional series and 10 motion pictures, will be honored for its 40-year history with the filming of an all-new three-part mini-series webisode entitled Star Trek: Of Gods and Men. The mini-series, a gift to Star Trek’s loyal fans featuring many Trek alumni, will be released exclusively on the Internet as downloads, each 30 minutes in length.

Star Trek: Of Gods and Men stars Nichelle Nichols, Walter Koenig and Grace Lee Whitney (Uhura, Chekov and Rand of the original series) along with Alan Ruck (Captain John Harriman of the 7th feature film, Star Trek Generations). Joining them are Garrett Wang (Voyager), Chase Masterson (Deep Space Nine), Gary Graham and Crystal Allen (Enterprise), JG Hertzler (Deep Space Nine) and Tim Russ (Voyager), who will also direct. The same team that created the hit “Roddenberry on Patrol,” currently in release on DVD and also directed by Russ is producing the webisode.

Several of the actors involved in the project offered their comments on participating in Star Trek: Of Gods and Men.
“I’m very excited about the script,” enthused Nichelle Nichols. “And I’m looking forward to re-creating Uhura in a time line that feels good to me. I think the fans will enjoy it immensely!”
“The original series was in danger of being cancelled after the second season, and the fans came through,” said Walter Koenig. “Once again—after 40 years --with the support and enthusiasm of the fans -- Star Trek will have another life on the Internet – and I’m very pleased to be part of it.”
“I’m looking forward to working with a lot of fine actors,” exclaimed Tim Russ. “It’s a nostalgia-based Trek project – and I think the fans will really get a kick out of it. We’ve never seen this kind of Trek story before.”
“After I read the script, I definitely wanted to participate,” said Garrett Wang. “The character I’m playing is completely opposite from my Voyager character – and it’s always more challenging for an actor to play a bad guy. It will be fun to have an edge, to keep it truthful.”

The mini-series was written by producer Sky Douglas Conway and Deep Space Nine freelance storywriters Jack Trevino and Ethan H. Calk. Director of photography is Doug Knapp. In addition, many artists in the field of makeup and lighting will join them for what is sure to be a history-making event.

And it’s not at all about money. What makes Star Trek: Of Gods and Men special is that all these creative talents have united because of a common vision. They all believe in a series that was created by a visionary named Gene Roddenberry and the philosophy that it promoted – that all individuals are created equal and that one day all the peoples of the Earth will unite to live, work and play in harmony.

Star Trek: Of Gods and Men will be shot in part on the "New Voyages" (http://www.startreknewvoyages.com/) set in New York state, and will also include locations in Los Angeles. A Christmas 2006 release is anticipated. For more information, visit Star Trek: Of Gods and Men (http://www.startrekofgodsandmen.com/)

----

Wirklich tolle Neuigkeiten!

So wie es aussieht, scheint es auch ehemalige Trek Schauspieler zu geben, die nicht denken das Trek tot ist, und ihm zum 40., ein besonderes Geschenk machen wollen :)

Kanns kaum erwarten ;)

Majalex
15.07.2006, 05:00
Hey cool ^.^ ich freu mich schonmal drauf *g* bin sehr gespannt und überrascht O.O

Pandora
15.07.2006, 15:55
Das freut mich auch! Endlich gibt's mal wieder was "Neues". Aber das dauert ja noch soooo lange.... :(

Legion(CD)
17.07.2006, 17:26
Ein Bild ist veröffentlicht worden:

http://www.treknews.de/treknews/newspro-treknews/static/115305244513642.php

Von links nach rechts: Alan Ruck als John Harriman, Nichelle Nichols als Uhura, James Crawley aus der "New Voyages" Fanserie, und Walter Koenig als Chekov :)

Legion(CD)
17.09.2006, 14:18
Der erste Trailer ist veröffentlicht worden:

http://startrekofgodsandmen.com/trailer_links.html

Sieht stark nach "Mirror Universe" aus :D

Tierra
17.09.2006, 18:32
Irgendwie sieht das alles für mich ziemlich schräg aus. Moderne Videoeffekte mit "akkrurat" explodierenden Planeten und dann die pappigen Kulissen aus TOS, wollen für mich einfach nicht zusammen passen.